Our client is looking for a Logistics Co-ordinator
The primary focus of the Logistics Coordinator role is to manage the customer order fulfilment process.
This includes ordering of machines from overseas suppliers, arranging shipping with freight forwarders and transportation orders.
Someone who is a competent multi-tasker who can juggle a lot on their plate, this role is filled with variety, from, administration support, reporting of figures, negotiating with suppliers and co-ordination of machinery movements.
While the role of Logistics Coordinator is full on and fast paced within a team environment, it is a varied and rewarding job.
This position reports to the Business Manager, Logistics
- Main point of contact for Australian and NZ sales teams for fielding stock enquires and machine allocations
- Scheduling transport throughout Australia liaising with external transport companies
- Responsible for signing off all transport invoices both internally and externally in New Zealand and Australia
- Collating and storage of sales documentation records for NZ and Australia
- Updating and maintaining machine database and ordering systems to ensure accurate levels of stock
- Brand management for Bomag, Furukawa and ASV- machine ordering, checking specs, shipping and liaising with suppliers
- Supporting the Business Manager, Logistics in various month end and system maintenance tasks when required
- Managing the used fleet entry into the machine ordering system for NZ and Australia
- PPSR searches to ensure machines have clear titles
- Assisting with machine costings and price lists
Key skills and qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively since the job primarily involves liaising with suppliers, sales staff and other operational departments.
- Should have the ability to converse with people of all levels and is well organised, efficient and effective.
- Work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and sales staff.
- Ability to efficiently solve problems relating to sales, costings and transportation of machinery
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- A good eye for detail and accurate data entry is essential
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding shipping quotations
- Ability to work unsupervised and take the initiative within a team environment
- Previous logistics experience in various industries such as shipping, logistics, freight forwarding or the construction environment would be advantageous
- 20-25 an hour
If this sounds like the role for you please email your to CV to Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 021 183 1009.