Our client is looking for an Intermediate Civil Engineer Designer for their Hamilton office.
The ideal candidate would:
- Be motivated and confident building professional relationships
- Be proud of their written and oral communications in English
- Have a love of the great outdoors – Site work and multisport
- Have a minimum of 2 years post degree or diploma experience
- Have 12D experience
- Be able to have a good laugh
- Be keen to take part in our healthy body and healthy mind culture
- Have a can-do, will-do attitude
- Be enthusiastic and a modern thinker
- Avoid mediocrity
- Be the solution, not the problem
To provide civil engineering design and drafting under supervision and to develop the skills and competencies required to achieve independent practice with the support of the engineering and surveying managers.
The role includes the following key work activities:
- Civil engineering and Land Development design, including earthworks, stormwater, wastewater, water, roading and more.
- Preparation of engineering drawings, consent documentation, engineering approval documentation, as-built information, schedules of quantities, contractual documentation, etc.
- Contract management and construction monitoring, with training and supervision from a senior engineer.
- Development of and adherence to company CAD and 12D standards
- Keep accurate records of time and costs.
- Complete time sheets
- Be aware at all times of client expectations and professional standards. Record and report client’s discussions in writing, confirming the instructions with the client and job manager where necessary.
- Promote health and safety within the company, including record keeping as required by the company’s health and safety policy
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.