Our client is looking at expanding their team
Do you have a passion for delivering customer service excellence with retail and purchasing experience? Look no further!
Reporting to the General Manager, this role provides advice and solution assistance to our customers via counter sales and phone enquiries. Daily receipt of goods, stock control, purchasing products for stock and specific work requirements including sourcing non-stocked items. Assist in presentation of trade shop.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure you interact efficiently & effectively within the team. Preferably have a sound knowledge of plumbing, gas and drain laying products.
The role requires a highly organised person, possessing proactive and open communication skills, ability to work well under pressure, attention to detail, accurate data entry skills, mechanical aptitude and advanced computer skills.
- Sound understanding of purchasing and stock management
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and expectations
- The ability to solve problems and work unsupervised
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have an ability to provide a high level of professional customer service
- Have a strong work ethic, be thorough, neat and take pride in your team.
- Display a high level of integrity, honesty, reliability and confidentiality always
- Physically fit as this role may include some lifting
- A current clean driver’s license
- Police Clearance
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar service position
- Knowledge of plumbing, gas and drain laying products would be an advantage
In return for your efforts we will offer opportunities to learn and grow your skill set whilst providing a competitive remuneration.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and, if short-listed, may be required to undergo and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test