This role is primarily responsible for providing support to the Workshop Team by assisting with scheduled
maintenance, refurbishments and repairs of all fleet vehicles effectively and efficiently to achieve maximum
productivity at minimum cost and in accordance with all company standards, legislative and manufacturer
This role is an autonomous role. We would like you to be able to work alone and know what you are doing and just get the work done. No micro-management.
Here is a JD for you to have a read over.
Deliver innovative, sustainable, efficient, safe, practical heavy manufacturing engineering solutions on all
new build projects.* Undertake multi-discipline design, coordination and planning activities to maximise delivery of new build
* Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and
operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to
function and compete effectively in the market.
* Evaluate all costs associated with each project including materials, costs of labour, and time expended.
* Negotiate contracts with suppliers to ensure the new build is cost effective.
* Ensure all projects and undertakings stay on budget and within the projected time schedule.
* Ensure the overall stability of new build designs in the permanent/final condition as well as during
* Ensure all designs are thoroughly checked independently by other engineers, and ensure all errors are
corrected prior to completion.
* Ensure reviews are conducted sufficiently in advance of all deadlines, so that any necessary amendments
can be completed prior to new build completion, and as agreed with the National Workshop Manager.
* Errors or problems shall be recorded and discussed with the National Workshop Manager, so that
corrective action can be taken to avoid such problems in the future.
* Ensure any new equipment or engineering activity is supported with appropriate qualification
documentation and that this is appropriately stored. Ensure up to date drawings are maintained
* Ensure Health and Safety is considered at all stages of the design process, designs produced minimise risk
* Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the National Workshop Manager.
If you are interested in having a chat, or applying for this role, please call Kelly 0211831009 or send me your CV firstname.lastname@example.org